Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Movie Review: The Girl... the Hornet's Nest

Poo.

Not much more to say. If you're a fan of the books stay away from this rubbish.

Given it is a very dense book with lots of characters and lots of stuff going on I think this is a poor translation to screen. The book was a wonderful rollercoaster ride, the movie is a cobbled together piece of crap.

If I hadn't read the book I would have made no sense of it at all.

Also, very bad translation. Not only were there spelling mistakes but even I, with my non-existent knowledge of Swedish, knew that the translation did not match what was being said. Also numerous instances when white type appeared on pale or white backgrounds making it impossible to read.

Piss poor effort.

PS I have to give it to the Swedes though. I love that they use actors who look like real people, i.e. not perfect. They actually look like normal people, bad hair, bad skin, wobbly body bits. They haven't been polished and air brushed till they sparkle. How wonderful!

1 comment:

Kath Lockett said...

...apparently the movie is actually a made-for-TV series they've dusted off and sent over here, so clearly that shows?