Sunday, October 17, 2010

Rocktober Day Sixteen: Closer

OK, let's get a little raunchy here, a bit X-rated. This song blew my tiny mind when I came across it in 1994. I had never heard of Nine Inch Nails or Trent Reznor and to be honest, they don't really float my boat - apart from this one magnificent song.

This isn't deep and meaningful (well, it is for me), this is just hot and sweaty and wrong and good. Barry White's croonings may do it for some but from the first dark beat of this song I'm good to go.

I've occasionally heard the "edited/censored" version of this and it's hilarious. Why bother really? This song is what it is and if people don't like it, don't listen. This isn't commercial radio fodder.

Anyway, you have been warned. If you're not into explicit lyrics don't read any further or watch the clip.

Closer (you have to have a YouTube account and be over 18 to watch this weird, explicit clip - not a clip I like at all actually, a bit too bad David Lynch, even for me)

You let me violate you
You let me desecrate you
You let me penetrate you
You let me complicate you

Help me I broke apart my insides
Help me I’ve got no soul to sell
Help me the only thing that works for me
Help me get away from myself

I wanna fuck you like an animal
I wanna feel you from the inside
I wanna fuck you like an animal
My whole existence is flawed
You get me closer to god

You can have my isolation
You can have the hate that it brings
You can have my absence of faith
You can have my everything

Help me tear down my reason
Help me it's your sex I can smell
Help me you make me perfect
Help me become somebody else

I wanna fuck you like an animal
I wanna feel you from the inside
I wanna fuck you like an animal
My whole existence is flawed
You get me closer to god

1 comment:

Kath Lockett said...

Well, I haven't checked out the song yet but you gotta love a girl who can list this as a song she loves and then write a few days later about her love for cupcakes and pastry chefs!